View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
MikeyManBMW

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325xiT
Hey Erns -- I hear you -- I already have an old iPod, so I could default to your plan. But I'm one of those folks who live off their phone, and just want to use it for everything. My phone is often charged at home too like you, so I'm less focused on the charging cable part of my "solution" and more focused on a having a clean looking way of getting the AUDIO from the phone into my stereo.

The "solution" I have built so far is working great -- the phone is "integrated" into the car -- it's just that the white pigtail snaking out of the glove box is violating my neurotic principles of cleanliness and a "pro" install look.

As ccaudio notes above, I'm probably gonna have to devote some serious "dash surgery" time to really get what I want (if I insist on using the factory-installed iPod connector). Just not psyched to do it yet (lazy) -- and I still hope to run across a DIY on a forum somewhere that spoon-feeds me some sort of shortcut.

More expensive alternative is to remove the factory iPod connection and buy an Audiovox Mediabridge or something similar to implement bluetooth the "standard" way. Just more $$ than I want to devote to the goal of hiding a cable.

Hmph...

Mike || 2002 325xi Touring, Steptronic, 154K mi
Grey Green Metallic on Beige, Piano Black Trim, Armrest Delete
Factory Options: Power Heated Leather, Driver Memory, Harman Kardon
Outfitted: OEM Roof Rack | Dension Gateway Lite Bluetooth
Third owner since Mar 2013 || First BMW
MikeyManBMW is offline   Reply With Quote