View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #16696
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshwa1234 View Post
I am definitely not trying to go fast if I was I would have bought a M3 but I have a 330I sedan family car just wanting some nice looking aggressive looking wheels just wondering about these but thank anyway
It has nothing to do with going fast. Research the effects of unsprung weight on your vehicle. See what happens with heavier wheels and tires. There's a reason OEM BMW wheels are fairly light compared to aftermarket wheels. If you still think I'm talking about speed, what do you think an extra 10+ lbs being THROWN at your suspension does to your shocks and springs when you hit bumps in the road?

Sorry for being off topic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_mass

Quotes from the source:

"In contrast, a heavier wheel which moves less will not absorb as much vibration; the irregularities of the road surface will transfer to the cabin through the geometry of the suspension and hence ride quality and road noise are deteriorated. For longer bumps that the wheels follow, greater unsprung mass causes more energy to be absorbed by the wheels and makes the ride worse."

"High unsprung weight (Beyerns) also exacerbates wheel control issues, high unsprung mass can lead to severe wheel hop, compromising traction and steering control."

So have fun with your Beyerns that will make your BMW essentially handle like a Honda.... Maybe when a small child darts out into the road and you have to slam on your brakes and you don't stop in time and end up severely hurting or killing a child, maybe THEN you'll think about choosing a different wheel.
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

Last edited by latino1ny; 03-31-2013 at 12:34 PM.
latino1ny is offline   Reply With Quote