View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #103
kaiv

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerGress View Post
Some folks called this the hardest crash they every saw in club racing. The text associated with the video describes the details. Basically I slipped in coolant and when a moderate correction did nothing, went to brakes in an attempt to keep the car sliding straight down the track. That idea didn't work.

By the time the video shows oversteer I've already gone to brakes. The driver feels weight shift and movement long before a video can show them.

Warning, e30 content. Video may make you want to rush out and buy one.

Wow. I know this old but damn, this is painful to watch. Especially considering how easily it could've been avoided. You can clearly see the car spraying all over the track yet the driver keeps going full throttle as if nothing happened. The first thing you want to do when a car starts spraying stuff is back off. Here the driver actually stayed on the throttle pretty much until he's loosing control.. Lesson learned the hard way I guess.

Also perhaps I am wrong but I always thought racing regulations called for water only rather than super slippery coolant?
kaiv is offline   Reply With Quote