Thread: Indoctrination
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #24
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
First, I didn't say I agree with making kids write that in a public school. I actually think it's pretty stupid. If we start giving up rights, who decides when we've given up enough of them to be (insert stupid reason for giving up rights).

My point was more, that what one side sees as indoctrination isn't for someone else. If you want an example of how this "private" indoctrination hurts everyone, look at the states banning abortions by making it impossible to run a clinic that offers that service.

And even if we disagree on some topics, I am sure you would be disgusted by the documentary. At one point this camp councilor/pastor says something along the lines of, Al Qaeda is indoctrinating our youth, so we just have to indoctrinate them more and brainwash them better. (She actually compared what they are doing to Al Qaeda) It was on Hulu for a long time if you want to check it out.
LOL @ "if we start giving up rights".

Like we haven't started. We give up rights all the time. The vast majority of the times, it's for sensible, practical purposes. Sometimes it's not.

But to sit and act like giving up rights isn't part of modern life is just nuts.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote