View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #53
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
Yeah. I've seen a couple of these vids where some NRA enthusiast decides to put the law to the test and openly (and possibly legally) carry a gun out in the middle of the day while they are just walking around for no reason other than to videotape their encounter with the cops so they can strut their knowledge of the law.

If you feel safer with people carrying guns around you at a starbucks, lol. Enjoy. The rest of the world does not agree with you. If I see grandpa Joe ordering a latte with a rifle strapped on him, even if he looks totally harmless, I am GTFO of there. The problem is you have no idea who they are, or why they have a gun. You don't know if they are there just walking with a gun, or are there to shoot up the mall.

And before you argue something absurd like I hate guns, nothing could be further from the truth. I support the right to own and carry weapons for one thing only: SELF DEFENSE. I even support concealed carry if the person is put through a rigorous test/check.

People called in a person walking with a gun.

Look, this is TX apparently where it is legal to openly carry. If people there are calling this in, you better believe it is some weird assed ****. It is not normal to walk around in public with a rifle. PERIOD.

I feel bad for his kid.
Absolutely all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nardog View Post
It's not normal to exercise a right? It also happens to be legal to open carry a rifle in TX
Rights are conditional. Just look at the 1st amendment.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote