View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #80
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
I honestly don't mind going through the checks. I'm still currently waiting for the mental health check to be completed... because there's been an overwhelming demand for license requests which created a log jam. Bad timing on my part. Prior to the big gun legislation scare it took about 30 days tops.

I plan to purchase legally. I am not in a big hurry. I'm not going to get my undies in a twist over it.
Just wait until you get fleeced for $15 everytime you want to buy something (even if it's an hour apart), when you have to apply for a special permit to be able to buy more than one gun a month, to wait (it's up to 10 business days now) to be able to PICK UP your gun while the background check is done (backlog my a$$, this is simply an illegal waiting period), etc.

For me to buy a gun in NJ at a gun shop.

Get in Jeep, drive 11 miles to shop.
Fill out paperwork, show my ids and FIDs, and submit paperwork.
Get in Jeep, drive home.
Wait.
Wait.
Wait some more.
The following week (or two) I get a phone call telling me the check is in and it's clean.
Get in Jeep, drive 11 miles to shop. Sit in some traffic.
Go to store, pay for gun I "purchased" 2 weeks ago.
Get in Jeep, drive home with gun.

Wasted about 4 hours of my time, about $25 in gas, etc.

If you think that's ok, by all means support new gun legislation, but I sure as hell won't support ANY new law when it comes to guns, no matter how much "sense" it makes.

What these states are doing is criminal.

Oh, and BTW, the above is for a long gun. For a pistol it's even more fun.

Get a call from shop "hey Dave, I got that TRP you wanted in stock, but they wont last long!"
Get in Jeep, drive to gun shop, drop $100 so that they hold it for me.
Get in Jeep, drive home.
Get in Jeep, drive to precinct the following Monday (since thats the day the detective allocates for pistol permit approvals.)
Fill out paperwork for a pistol permit.
Get in Jeep, drive home.
Wait a week, two weeks, a month, who knows....depends on the detective and if he got laid the nights before.
No answer, so you call and badger the detectives voicemail
Get a call back the following week, with an apology and your permits are ready.
Get in the S2000 (its a nice day out) and drive to precinct to pick up permit....but pay first of course.
Get in the s2000, drive to gun shop.
Fill out the NICS paperwork.
Get in the s2000 and go home.
Wait.
Wait.
Wait some more.
The following week (or two) I get a phone call telling me the check is in and it's clean.
Get in Jeep, drive 11 miles to shop. Sit in some traffic.
Go to store, pay for pistol I "purchased" 2 months ago.
Get in Jeep, drive home with pistol.

Trust me, your underwear will start to rustle after you've been jerked around.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 04-18-2013 at 02:35 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote