View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
bloodredbimmer

My Ride: 01 330Ci 5MT
Need legal advice.

First and foremost I would like to thank anyone that takes the time to read this in advance. I hope there is no discrimination on this forum but I don't doubt that there will be negative replies on this thread.
I am a non-resident illegal alien in the U.S. as are my parents. I'm part of the differed action which gives me immunity from deportation and a work permit. This has allowed me to acquire a FL drivers license. My parents however don't qualify for the deferred action and drive without a license as they have been for 14 years. I live in a gated community and there is a new security company which this week started asking residents of the community for their license to be able to enter. According to the security guards they are doing it to form a database of all the residents of the community. Since my parents do not have drivers licenses they were denied access to their own home. I had to walk out to the gate and drive the cars in one by one. They threatened my dad by saying he is not allowed to drive without a license and they would call the cops and immigration if he tried to enter again. I personally feel this is not correct, morally and legally. I want to know if there is anything I can do against this, my parents feel discriminated. They are being prohibited from entering their own home. I want to know if I can act against this legally. Thanks again to anyone who's read all this, I really appreciate it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app