View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #218
TitaniumCranium
/// Limitless

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
ALSZ isn't really relevant beyond the fact that the ALSZ is one of the modules that stores the Vehicle Order. The actual coding of the ALSZ does not change whether or not an automatic is present. DIS is a little weird in that if a module has errors present after recoding, it will say the recoding failed (even if changes were actually made). In your case, I suspect the errors were due to your HIDs (even if you coded the LSZ for HIDs, it will immediately throw an error for the lack of autoleveling).
I have factory installed HID's with levelers and the HID fogs were not in place at the time I went through this initially.

Quote:
Anyway, I really don't like DIS because it needlessly complicates a lot of items, VO changes being one of them.
Completely agree with this, and experienced first hand.

Quote:
With NCS Expert, it's as simple as highlighting option code 205, hitting delete, and writing the new VO to the ALSZ and AKMB. Then after that you can hit "Process Car" and every module in the car will be recoded.
Having blazed a new trail at the time and not having any reference as to the fact that DIS doesn't necessarily report correctly all the time, this did not seem like prudent action in my case. Although in retrospect, knowing that DIS can LIE, this process probably would have worked fine and sidestepped a sore forehead.

Quote:
After that deleting any left over error codes in (DSC, AKMB, and DME), and then clear the adaptions on the DME. It *should* start without any CAN errors.
I'll never know because I'm not going back to where I was.

/// MODS
/// Auto => 6-Spd Manual Conversion | Apex EC-7 | Koni/Ground Control Coilovers | Vorshlag Camber Plates | Meyle HD LCA | PowerFlex bushings | GruppeM rep CAI | Shark Injector | 6000k HID's and Fogs | BMW European MTechII | BMW Performance Shifter | ACS Mirrors and Rear Spoiler ///
TitaniumCranium is offline   Reply With Quote