View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #10
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
If your gunshop offered that survice you would go elsewhere?
Well I don't own any "tactical apparel", so yes, I'd go elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Public safety supply stores (Streichers does LE, security, Fire and EMS) have a lot of experience with the respective services and what is expected from their equipment and design. I've gone to normal alterations shops in the past, but you have to spend 5 minutes explaining crap to them to get them to understand that everything needs to be beefed up and how to adjust the pants correctly and all that. I walk into Streichers or another place and say "I want ____ altered" and I can speak the lingo to them and get the info out in about 15 seconds and get back what I asked for.
Most LE won't go to a non-LE place unless they have experience, because we want to deal with people who actually understand what we're talking about.

But more to the point, I bought the pants there and they did the hems in the first place, so I had them correct it. It took 2 minutes and it was free. Plus, it's 5 minutes from my house.

I figured as much....I just found the line funny, as most non-LE wouldn't normally associate the two services. I just got some clothes altered last week, and the Gun shop was the last place I'd think to go.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote