Thread: Form Check
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
aka...Dark Snow
My Ride: Currently a blonde!
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
So from what I understood to improve my form:

1- In order not to flare my elbows, I keep them under my shoulders based on what I read here and elsewhere. Do I need to keep my elbows tucked in but at the same line as my shoulders? I don't get this, not making sense to me. If you have a video that would be great.

2- Do you mean to tighten my posterior chain and contract my abs when I'm pressing?

3- What about my grip width? I put my ring fingers on BB's circle marks. Should I go wider/narrower?

It's really hard to tell from the side, but I'll try my best to answer your questions:

1. Elbow flare is mainly addressed with elbow correction under load. Limb length should be the deciding factor on hand placement. I will be doing a video for you tomorrow.
  2. Yes! Your body should be in a rigid isometric position during the entire press. A person should be able to apply some amount of force to your body and not disturb your position. Think about it from a martial arts perspective; that may help you better understand what I mean.
  3. Without being able to see where you're gripping the bar, I can't say whether or not you need to widen or narrow (..but your elbows are dropping far too low below your shoulder line Ziggy z00)!
Originally Posted by Qwel on "Manhattan Project"
You heard of me.....burgandy and outlines like murder scenes; Germany..took ferns and flat whites for blurring greens.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-28-2013 at 10:20 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote