View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
Shake

My Ride: IS
Send a message via AIM to Shake
Quote:
Originally Posted by customisbetter View Post
Wow! That is an airy place! Would be great for parties!
Haha yes, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Great job. It looks like you spent a lot more than you did.
That completely transformed the look of your place.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
looks nice.

stainless steel appliances and smooth top range would make a big difference with those cabinets.

JMO
You're completely right. That would make a huge difference imo. It was part of my plan, but since I am moving, I'll put that on hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Awesome, I bought the same kit but haven't gotten around to actually doing it yet. My only concern is with how it will wear.
It's holding up very well so far, I've had it for about 10 months now. The prep stage is important. A major tip that would have saved me a bunch of rework is to make sure that you are careful with the last clear coat step. It's very watery and drips onto the other side of the door creating white bubbles. Just go around the edges to make sure there are no bubbles before it dries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Spend an extra couple hundred to change out the lighting. That will make a big difference in the look too.
I agree, those were next up on the list. However, now that I am moving and renting out the place for a year, I'm putting that on hold until I find out if i'm coming back here or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post
Stainless appliances would be hot in there! But also pretty expensive... Or stainless and black...
I agree, stainless would be my first choice, but as I said above, i'm putting those on hold for now. All a renter needs is a working appliance, and in my area, I doubt I'm going to get much return on investment for those upgrades (well at least in terms of renting).