View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
Glove box handle ripped off - now what?

I know it's for our own good and all that, but since getting this car the glove box handle has driven me insane. The keyhole seems to always twist a few degrees so that it can't be opened, and maybe this is just me being a neat freak, but I never keep anything in the car or the trunk anyway so I don't really care if either are locked or not.

So imagine my delight when last night, within two hours of unlocking the damn thing to stash my girlfriend's sunglasses, someone lept into my car, ransacked the interior (leaving change and my house key), and broke off the damn handle, which had apparently twisted just enough to "lock" itself again when she shut it.

The handle came right off, both of the nubs that stick out to the sides snapped, and now I'm left with this. Awesome.

To replace this, do I have to buy a whole new glove box door mechanism, or just the handle/latch? I assume I have to swap the key tumbler out, though maybe I shouldn't. Maybe since I hate this "security" feature anyway I should just buy a coupe glove box?

Of course, watch, that'll then lead to me losing everything in my trunk the one time I do have something more than a beach chair in there...

Oh, as a bonus, the one thing they did take was my gate/garage door opener. So now those are all powered off til I can re-code them...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1196.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	511878  

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.