View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
boongsin12

My Ride: none
Koni sport yellow struts

My 01' 330 Ci is at 129000 miles. I recently replaced the rear shocks because I got them new for a really great price. The rears are Koni sport yellow adjustable shocks. But now, I am feeling that the front struts are slowly going bad and can hear squeaking and clunking noise from time to time. I think that clunking noise is attributed to the worn control arm bushing, nevertheless, I am thinking about replacing the front strut shortly in the future.

I am curious as to what front strut I need to purchase. Is it recommended that I purchase the same brand struts as the rear shocks, Koni yellow sports? Or could I go for something more affordable for me, perhaps like Koni orange struts. I mainly drive in the city and I don't know if having Koni yellow all around would be too harsh.

Also, I have noticed that non of the sellers offer just front Koni yellow struts. Where would I be able to buy them separately, if keeping the whole suspension the same brand is a good idea. On that note, I am also interested in some gently used front struts if anyone has good parts.

Thanks in advance.
boongsin12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.