View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #130
panzerwagon

My Ride: e39 540iT
Gents,
I've been watching this thread for 3 or 4 months, coming back periodically, and would like to ask for an update from anyone who'd bought the Enco Android 4 unit. Did you have any major problems which haven't been noted here yet? Anything new that you've figured out in terms of rooting / gapps store / loading apps / GPS use? Do you love it? Are you indifferent? Did you get frustrated throw it in the trash?

I know about the issues dealing with Enco, about preference for using Paypal as insurance, etc. I've read this and other (the super long Android 2.3) threads. I'd like to know basically whether you would choose the same path if you had it to do again. I'm likely going to buy one and I'd just like to check in with the group that seems to have had the most discussion on this unit. I'm an engineer and have a certain level of tolerance to fixing/fighting with stuff so I'm not scared.

PainBreak, thanks for the thread and documenting your process & and thanks to a few others of note, for your input so far.
Best regards,
-Panzerwagon

Long live the online BMW community. It's among the reasons I won't consider any other marque.
panzerwagon is offline   Reply With Quote