View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #277
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionelski View Post
This child is too young to decide that he is transgendered. He has no clue at that age from male or female.

His parents are nuts and should be arrested for steering him in this manner. This is child abuse.
Just IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
FWIW, I do agree with a lot of what you say. I would like us to dedicate more resources to extra-judicial treatment, therapy, support, etc for people whose mental make-up makes it difficult for them to adhere to social norms. But there's always going to be the issue of people that don't want "help" and the degree to which we want to force them to accept it. But that's an entirely different discussion.

I think that a good person can be reformed if he wants to live a straight life.

But some people are evil and just don't give a damn. I think part of the reason we have so many in prison is because we have so many 'mulligans'. No one wants to put a juvenile in jail and whenever someone does something wrong they put them on probation, which has a 50 percent failure rate nationwide. Prisoners know that they can rob 50 houses before they get caught robbing one and only get probation. The same is true for drug traffickers and prostitutes etc....... If they put people on probation the first time and then jail the second time, future criminals might think twice before they commit a crime. The risk / reward factor would not be as high.

You guys are confusing pubescent and adult sexual orientation with gender identity. This kid's gender identity has nothing to do with sexual activity, sexual desires, or really anything to do with the way they relate to other people sexually.

What is going to happen when he is 12 years old and gets erections in the girl's bathroom ? *When he goes to Middle School will he shower with girls or boys ? *

'
A 4 year old girl acts like a girl, which is very different from the way a 4 year old boy acts. Their behavior is gender-specific, driven by the differences in their brains IN ADDITION to the way they're treated by the people around them. It has NOTHING to do with their sexual orientation, or who they're eventually going to be sexually attracted to.

At age 6, it IS about gender identity. And you're right, the kid is too young to make a bunch of conscious, reasoned choices about it. Which just increases the argument that the kid was born with male sexual organs but a female or female-inclined brain. And if that's the case, you calling this child abuse or blaming the parents is beyond ridiculous.

Unless the parents steered him in this direction.

Someone needs to tell this kid he has a penis and not a vagina and he plays with GI Joes not Barbies and he rides Big Wheels not My Little Pony.

I wonder if his orientation is genuine or if it is an attempt by his parents to get attention ?

No. Smelling salts release a noxious vapor. When someone inhales the vapor into their nose, the shock of the vapor hitting their mucous membranes is a little like an electric shock. If they're drowsy or semi-conscious, they snap fully awake, breathe faster, heart rate speeds up, etc.

You've probably seen smelling salts being used (either in movies or IRL) on boxers that have been hit in the head a few too many times during a fight. They wave the tube under the boxers nose and as soon as the vapors get into his nose, he snaps "awake" more than he was before.

They're not used much anymore, because the general thought now is if someone is unconscious or semi-conscious, they're that way for a reason and it's best to let the body resume consciousness on it's own.

I am familiar with ammonia capsules. If you have ever tried one, you won't forget the experience. They will clear your sinuses instantly

I could have been clearer, but I have seen old movies from the late 1800's to early 1900's and sometimes the characters have a silver locket or capsule and they sniff a white powder. I remember them being referenced as smelling salts.

I have always wondered if that was cocaine. It was legal to use back then.

Last edited by Raymond42262; 06-27-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote