View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #563
SBPhil

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46runsPCB View Post
Yes. You can remove the nut on the front coils without any compression. When removing I would still be a little cautious because with the mount on there is a little pressure on the spring I believe, but not enough to kill you. I would recommend adjusting your coils to the lowest setting so there is as minimal pressure on the spring as possible before removing the nut to be safe. But when I installed the new mounts on the new coils, no compressor was needed. Just be sure you DON'T FORGET THAT WASHER. Otherwise you could get the clunking noise

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I'm getting clunking sounds from what I believe are the helper springs binding when I make a turn at low speeds. If I lift the car and remove the wheel the noise is practically gone when I steer, so I don't think its the assembly since I had it done at a shop. I ordered new FSMs since the shop recommended them and they are worn. Does anyone know if this will resolve it or do I need something else like a washer? The noise isn't as bad as the creak which is continuous as you turn, its only about 3 or 4 pops when I spin the wheel around. I'll try to get a video on my car tomorrow but its making this exact sound.

The issue they had was the assemble but I'm pretty sure that isn't it.
Aside from this, I would definitely say these coilovers are great for the money.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
SBPhil is offline   Reply With Quote