View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #601
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Excellent work Dave! So you saying that 90 degree antenna adapter makes it a tighter fit?

A few of use are experimenting with different 90 degree cables. I found a 90 degree iPod cable but it turns to the left, towards the antenna. I'm waiting on my new Can Bus V2 to arrive then I will try them. See Below:

Ok so after spending all day yesterday installing the 5150 it still doesn't fit flush with the dash. I removed both the antenna plug and the iPod plug and it fits flush. Put the antenna plug back in and you can feel it hitting just before the 5150 sits flush. I can push the 5150 in and screw it down but it pushes the left side out. So the solution is you need two angled plugs. The antenna one is easy but the iPod one does not exist. The Kenwood plug posted earlier isn't the correct plug unfortunately. I do believe its a 13 Pin connector and you need a 8 Pin Mini Din or a CCD Speaker Cable, (CD Control Cable). Here is what I found after an of hour of research. Three cables needed- Cost $25

"Click on items in Bold for links"

Here is the 8-PIN DIN iPod Cable-$15 comes with the 5150 for the iPod.

You will need a angled 8 pin plug (which is only available in female to female) and a coupler ( so you can connect the iPod cable to the female angled plug). See Below:

8 Pin Mini Din - Hosa CCD-103 - 3 Feet -$10 (Angled on both ends)

Mini Din 8 pin Female to Female Gender Changer Adaptor 4"-$7

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 09-01-2013 at 01:52 AM.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote