View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #648
Shakman83

My Ride: E46 330d and R33 GTR
Problems with driver side window

I own a 2002 E46 330d. I changed the window regulator last week and the window was working fine for ONE DAY. I opened it up again and couldn't see anything that was broken. I removed the motor and hey presto the metal wire was jammed inside the teeth of the motor.

I rang the shop I got the regulator from and he said not to worry another regulator Was in the post for me. GREAT!!

I received the regulator the next day and when I opened it I was surprised. They had included the motor and regulator. I stripped the door immediately and fitted the new regulator which also had the motor attached. Once in I connected the connector on to the motor and the window worked for a few seconds then stopped.

I checked everything was in its place and all seemed fine . I checked the fuses and I HAD BLOWN THE FUSE.

I changed the fuse and the window still didn't work. And still not working.

I thought that it might be the switch near the gearshift so I ordered a new switch. Got this today and fitted but still nothing. If I put power directly to the motor the window goes up and down perfectly. I can't figure out what it is. The fuse is fine and all the other fuses are fine. Please help.
Shakman83 is offline   Reply With Quote