E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Projector46 Update: GOOD NEWS/Bad News

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Just_Parker 
#1 ·
On the e46 coupes and sedans, the side markers are designed with two mounting styles depending on the year of your cars. Sometime in 2001, the designs all changed from Style 1 to Style 2 (see below).

You guys will say "Tell us something we don't know" :read:

Well, we've been working very hard to overcome the future nightmare of "hey, I have different turn signals, these lights won't work" syndrome and have a solution for all of you.

FREE CLEAR TURN SIGNALS. That's right. FREE.

Each and every shipment of Projector46s will come with it's own Style 1 clear corner turn signal. The fine print is that these will not be OEM. Sorry about that, but this will give you the opportunity to get clear corners with the correct side markers without having to go and purchase another part to make everything work.

Style 1 - original

Style 2 - Latest (see attached).

:thanks: for your patience.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
what about those of us who want to buy this product, but are in love with our smoked lenses?? Should i wait till the design kinks get worked out, or order them and hope they fit, they are aftermarket btw...

#8 ·
This is bad news?! I know a TON of the "new" style have problems because those tiny little tabs get heated, brittle, and break. I've had to glue them back on during DDE installs many a time.
IMHO, the style one's are easier to use and fit better. This is good news as well because one of my clears is chipped, and I have a feeling there will be a lot of extra clears on the market since peoplew ill be replacing them ;)

JL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.