View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #867
knightrider5000

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i 4 door
Send a message via Yahoo to knightrider5000
So my canbus came and it didnt work, contacted eonon. Turns out I need the new power cable since some changes in the wiring have been done to the new power cables since the one unit I bought. Also I didnt have to pay eonon any money for a new can bus, but they did offer to ship it to me faster for $20 I declined and waited the 4 weeks as they stated, which I didnt mind. Also they didnt charge me for the power cable either which was slow shipped to me as well and I am still waiting on but its only been a week so far. Again I declined there faster method of shipping for $20. So all and all I only spent idk maybe $10 in shipping back the old canbus to them for the new. Im just hoping when I get the power cord it resolves the back up camera issue on my unit and my steering wheel functions work. I will let you all know. Seems they wired the new power cord with a spacific wire for the back up camera now with the new units. Does anyone know if the signal for that wire has to be +12 volts or negitive ground to trigger the cam to work? Trying to avoid wireing it to the place in the glove box that you guys posted. Was thinking of just running the wire from the reverse light signal straight to the backup cam wire at the deck.
knightrider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote