View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #29
cagedruss

My Ride: 323i
I had a little fun with a customer's 535 last month. I fabbed up a cage and stuff for him in his previous 535 but it was rolled and totaled in a Chump Race at "The Ridge" in Shelton Wa. in Aug. Actually the first ever roll over since its opening. See link for the Roll Over. http://3zracing.com/3zRacing/Ridge_2013.html It's the video on the right. Second driver rolled it on his very first lap between turn 2/3. Kind of a a$$ hat move, least do a complete lap before you roll car.

I decided to relocated the driver's side B pillar back 10 inches to facilitate door bars plus I always wanted to try it. Since it is a Chump Car I did not have to worry so much about rules or hurting someones feeling. I cut the rear door 10" and added it to the drivers door. Both doors still work and I must say it actually looks better with a long front door. Yea I left the passenger side stock. Catches some people of guard.

Also to keep this car from rolling over I bead rolled a Sun Roof cover, something fun to do.

Here is the car at last weeks Chump Race in Portland.

Sorry, I forgot to take finished pictures of the cage/door bars. Kind of in a rush to get the car done and to Dynasport for the engine install. It will be back in a couple of weeks and I will update.