View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #223
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
MpoweredM: Just another progress thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
great help solly.

When he says "pull your hips back" (which would help) that also means that your weight will have to be on your heels... so when you are setting up and feeling the tension in your hamstrings (I've never heard it described like that but its bang on, if you take too long it actually starts to burn) make sure you are sitting back on your heels and the bar is still touching your shins.

rippetoe says to line up with the bar cutting your feet roughly in half when you look down. when you squat down into position, the bar should touch your shins. this means your scalpula is directly overhead, and you won't have to compensate at all by bringing the bar into or away from your body (you can't do the lift if the bar is not eventually perpendicular to your scalpula).

I guarantee you will shoot up in weight if you practice, 275 will feel like nothing.
The hamstring tension was something I brought up during level 1 training this past weekend and the trainers loved it.

Also, just to elaborate on the half foot point, which I'm sure you know already, when dabears says cut the foot in half he means the entire foot. Not just the part in front of he ankle. For me this is usually over my laces.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote