View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #45
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveightandten View Post
Gotcha. When you deemed it safe, I figured you had some sort of experience with it.

The good thing about our cars is the HID option. They're not *that* pricey, though if you don't know how to code, it can be a pain without resorting to the dealer.

And, truth be told, the E46 OE HID's aren't all that great. Better than halogens, but not that nice in the realm of OE HID setups. And it's not the age, TSX, FX, S2K, and TL are all far better and are from the same era.
Actually that's along the lines what I was thinking but things are swinging the other way for the E46 OE HID projectors. Turns out they're geared for long-range high speed driving whereas all the projectors you mention are really showy for immediate foreground lighting but not good for long range. This is just what I've heard. I've also been told this by TerraPhantm, our resident lighting platinum wizard. Some people in the community are actually favoring OE e46 units (even on other cars/retrofits) over TSX, replica etc.

I love my OE units on a pitch black road at high speed... especially with all the new parts (both OEM and aftermarket) and coding I threw at it.

At the end of the day though it all comes down to projector size and tuning. Long range or foreground. (ideally both)

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 12-17-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote