View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #29
phoopsta

My Ride: 02 330xi 3-pedal
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglittledog View Post
How many miles on your car?
I'd just replace the bad axle... My experience w/BMW and a half dozen family Subarus here in Colorado is that they die slowly with plenty of warning and don't explode with your car bursting into flames. You'll usually here a regular clicking noise if you do slow circles with the wheel turned all the way left or right. If a boot bursts and throws grease everywhere sometimes you'll smell that if it hits anything hot under there.
If you have the car up, carefully inspect the axle boots on the other side as well as the steering boots for tears which are often hidden in the folds of the bellows. Move 'em around with your hands, pull and tug a little to find the cracks.
I stay out of the "new/rebuilt axle debate", do what you please.
Also, I wouldn't jump to replacing the 02 sensors. If a code reader gave you that, it's giving you a clue not necessarily telling you the part is bad. You may replace it and have the same code immediately. What codes did the car throw?
The car threw the heater control circut. Bank 1 sensore 2 and bank 2 sensor 2.
I checked all the connections and everything seems good. I havent checked yet but does my model have fuses under the hood? I know my buddys e46 m3 actually has a fuse for it.
phoopsta is offline   Reply With Quote