View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #32
Busy

My Ride: 01 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Do NOT, repeat NOT, buy NEW axles from NAPA. Those are the crappy axles that will fail in 20k miles or less. However, buying the remanufactured axles from NAPA will give you rebuilt OEM axles that won't fail as easily. They are cheaper than the new ones and much cheaper than new OEM GKN axles. I have a reman axle from NAPA on my car right now and have no complaints.
I appreciate the offer of your personal experience. I'd like to offer mine, if you'd hear it.

1. Lifetime warranty from NAPA, at least here, means if you ever have a problem, you get another new one, free. I'm able to get labor comped as well.

2. My experience has been totally uneventful while selling, installing and following up on new axles from Napa. I've been in the business for a few months short of a decade.

3. My Napa sales rep recommended buying from the Dealership before buying a re-manufactured axle from him, as he has nothing but claims and problems with them.

I'm sure there are exceptions to this, and I'm POSITIVE that the fact that the sort of people would pass up a new axle for a reman just to save $9-15 probably make a lot of other poor decisions. I'll disclaim that there are circumstances where an OEM rebuild would be better, but those are typically remedied by a revised part (see: subaru aftermarket axle vibration in park issues).
Busy is offline   Reply With Quote