View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #148
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Okay, so I'm trying to figure out what I need to purchase to "restore" my suspension to something near factory fresh. My current suspension, as far as I can tell, dates back to 09/2003, 115k miles ago. The car tracks fine, and has no steering shimmys or any indication that the suspension is shot. The car is a 2004 325CiC with sport suspension.

Obviously, I need the lower control arms and bushing. The "BMW E46 3-Series Front Control Arm Kit By Meyle HD" for $320 seems like an obvious choice.

Moving on to the struts, I run into a wide variety of choices from a wide variety of vendors. The prices range from a low of $87.95 for a Meyle from FCPEuro to $246.95 for "Genuine" BMW from Turner. The bulk of them are around $200, and are either SACHS Advantage or SACHS Super Touring. (Pricing was established by entering the pn 31316750792 into www.furiousmethod.com.)

So what do I do from here? Should I just suck it up and pay $200 per strut from "thebmwpartstore.com", knowing I'm getting the dealer authorized product? Is there an equivalent strut, that doesn't have 16 layers of mark up from the different entities that "handle" it?

It seems strange to me, that $170, +/- $80, is the range of pricing for a given part number.

I need to resolve this before I move to the rear suspension.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Miller
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote