View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #582
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorglory View Post
I just installed my GM5150 and it has some issues. I like the unit but I am having a bit of "buyer's remorse". First, the clock refuses to keep time and does not deal with DST changes. I tried DLNA and Mircast with no success. My Samsung S4 complains that the "internet connection is too slow" and will not hook up to it. The map software that was sent is very slow to respond while driving. The radio signal is iffy at best (my original BMW Business had much better reception).
For the cost and features this unit is great, don't overthink it, yes all of us have gone thru issues and Eonon has solved them at least to my knowledge. Anyway, to solve your clock issue; I have read a on recent post that if you "initialize" the unit, this will permanently solve this issue, you can try that and see if that works for you.

For the DLNA and Miracast, I had no issues at all; Galaxy S2 connects thru DLNA(using Eonon app) with no issues, S2 is not Miracast complatible. Galaxy S3 connects fine with Miracast and DLNA. I will try the Galaxy S5 when I get it tomorrow.

Where did you install you Wifi antenna? is it connected correctly?
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote