View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #583
semcoinc

My Ride: 330Xi/335Xi/E53-X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorglory View Post
I just installed my GM5150 and it has some issues. I like the unit but I am having a bit of "buyer's remorse". First, the clock refuses to keep time and does not deal with DST changes. I tried DLNA and Mircast with no success. My Samsung S4 complains that the "internet connection is too slow" and will not hook up to it. The map software that was sent is very slow to respond while driving. The radio signal is iffy at best (my original BMW Business had much better reception).

On the + side, the bluetooth hookup to the phone works really well. I had the top down yesterday and the person who called me did not complain about not being able to hear me. This was using the internal mic. I did have the external mic hooked up, but undid it because of a "tunnel effect" complaint when testing.

How can I fix these issues? Is it a software bug? Why won't the clock stay current (I am using AM/PM, we American's are not use to 24 hour clock ). Please let me know what can be done about this before I take this out and request a refund.

Thanks!
Hi Majorglory,

Check out my post here where I received a firmware download from Carlos/Eonon to fix my jumpy time issue:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=277

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
E46/330Xi, E90/335Xi, E53/X5 4.4i
semcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote