View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
SLO Town
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraklas View Post
Thank you for the analysis.. Slightly different question, what kind of bump stops are you using in your setup? Brand/model?

I have the Eibach pro-kit, with the bilstein sports as well, front bars to mid-stiff, rear to full stiff

Thanks!!!
You're welcome.

The bumpstops I'm using are the ones that come part of the Bilstein Sports. The front struts have the internal bumpstops that reside inside the strut body.

With just 5/8 inch suspension travel (from resting height to first contact with bumpstop), I think the OEM rubber strut bearings become even more important because it offers a second rubber bumpstop. I think a set of solid bearing camber plates would greatly amplify the impacts into the strut tower when the suspension bottoms out.

Scott
Original Owner 2003 330Ci ZSP, 3145 lbs, 5-spd, leather, Alcantara wheel, 19x8.5" BBS, RE-11s, ZHP FCAs/diff cover/weighted knob, M3 eng + trans mounts/outer RCABs/RCABs with Turner limiters, Group N inner RCABs, Bilstein Sports (E36 M3 rears), Eibach P-K, H&R bars, BMW Performance Rotors, Turner caliper bushings, StopTech lines, Borla, RE pullies/RSM, Stewart WP, M-Technic Trunk Spoiler, Mason pedal/strut bar/end links, B&M shifter, UUC DSSR

SLO Town is offline   Reply With Quote