View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 10:10 AM   #5
bigJ

My Ride: 2002 325ci/'70 FJ40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@Tirerack
Pzero Nero summer version has a wear rating of 220, while the Nero M+S is 400. Both tires have performed near the top of their catagory for wet and dry handling, and neither is particularly loud.

I think you might be confusing these with the old Pzero Assymetricos, which were not all that great.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&...ires/index.jsp
Here are some reviews (most from your site):
1995 BMW M3

Miles driven on tires:
10,000 Reviewer's Overall Ratings:

Driving Condition:
Combined Highway/City
Driving Style: Spirited

my rear tires wore out in last than a year, went bald in less than 10000 miles. Front tires were half worn. Performances were ok but not really for spirited driving. -- Review Submitted 2004-03-17

1997 BMW M3 Sedan

Miles driven on tires:
10,000 Reviewer's Overall Ratings:

Driving Condition:
Combined Highway/City

I intially purchased the Neros because of the fantastic price, but Im very happy with the performance that theyve given me. Ive been driving aggressively on these tires for almost 10,000 miles now including 4 autocrosses. Theyve been holding up great and look like they will last for at least another 5,000 miles. They have been competitive in my region, helping me bring home a few trophies. I previously ran Yokohama ES100s and Im much happier with the Pirellis. -- Review Submitted 2004-03-11

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

Miles driven on tires:
300 Reviewer's Overall Ratings:

Driving Condition:
Combined Highway/City

If you live in Southern Cal and drive the freeways, this tire will scare you. I replaced a set of Yoko ES 100 with the Nero and took them off two days later. Very bad tramlining on the grooved freeway sections. I am back on ES 100 and very happy. The Neros may be a good tire for other parts of the country but not LA. -- Review Submitted 2004-02-07

1995 BMW M3

Miles driven on tires:
600 Reviewer's Overall Ratings:

Driving Condition:
Combined Highway/City
Driving Style: Average

On Southern California freeways, I am petrified with these tires. They tramline so severely to the extent that drivers around me back off because they think Im drunk. Its all I can do just to hold onto the car. On paved roads, they are vague at best. I have tried various pressures. I thought Pirelli was making a comeback. Even at $105 each, they would not be recommended by me. -- Review Submitted 2003-09-29

Terrible!
by jdinsd,Nov 26 '03
Pros: None
Cons: Everything

These were the OE tires on my Boxster S. They were noisy and thumpy from day one. Balancing and alignment helped only a little bit and only for a short time. Handling was only average. Wear was average (25,000 miles), but I would have been better off if they had worn out sooner. Overall, these were the worst tires I have had in 20 years!