E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Rubbing

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  lonnie_20 
#1 ·
i have an 01 e46 coupe w/ 18" breyton visions...im running the 18x9.5 wheels w/ so3's(255/35) in the rear. i just installed the eibach pro system plus and am getting rubbing in the rear. i have already rolled the fenders, and still get a little rubbing...is there a "skinnier" tire size i could go with; or should i consider the 18x8.5 rear wheels? :dunno:

#2 ·
lonnie_20 said:
i have an 01 e46 coupe w/ 18" breyton visions...im running the 18x9.5 wheels w/ so3's(255/35) in the rear. i just installed the eibach pro system plus and am getting rubbing in the rear. i have already rolled the fenders, and still get a little rubbing...is there a "skinnier" tire size i could go with; or should i consider the 18x8.5 rear wheels? :dunno:
Most 245/35R18 tires can be mounted on 9.5" wheels, it just won't leave much protection for curbing of the wheels.

If they are hitting on the fender, you could try using a bit more negative camber in the alignment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.