View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #1
mindwarper

My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to mindwarper
Is performance affected with different types of rims.

Im trying desperately to find a set of rims for my M3 that look better than the standard OEM 18's. one of the main reasons i dont want to change them is that im worried that it will decrease my overall performance with the car. I m pretty new to the wheels and tires because ive never changed a set of rims ive had on any of my cars. I dont want to break my wallet so at most i want to spend only 3500 for wheels and tires and go 19's. By getting 19" rims and tires that only cost 3500 dollars will it affect my performance in a noticeable way? Does the weight make a noticeable difference in its performance? Besides looks and just the way the rims are made what makes it worth spending 5k plus on rims when i can just spend 3500. basically almost anything will look better than my OEM 18's and the more information i have the better prepared i am to make a choice that i wont regret. for tires i absolutely feel i should buy the potenza S0-3's because for me performance comes first and of course safety.
mindwarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.