View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
Santiago

My Ride: 2004 325iT
Send a message via ICQ to Santiago Send a message via MSN to Santiago
Quote:
Originally Posted by i6power
This is crazy. I am going to change oil myself too. but never thought it was this much trouble. Have you tried to find it at NAPA or Part Source? Or can you just buy it from the stealer?
I didn't check NAPA or Part Source but I did check Jarry Auto Parts which is a big parts dealer here like NAPA. They didn't carry it. The dealer doesn't carry Mobil 1, it carries a version of Castrol 5W-30 but I went with the recommendation I found in the thread I linked to in the first post.

You might be luckier and find it easily in Toronto but here in Montreal the usual places just didn't carry it. What I found surprising was that Canadian Tire didn't carry 0W-40. They carried TONS of Mobil 1 but no 0W-40. They had some 0W-20. I've never even heard of that and they had it but no 0W-40.

Anyway, try your local guys, including Canadian Tire/Zellers/Walmart for it. You might get luckier. If you don't then go to the Imperial Oil web page under Canada and you'll find a phone number listed where the 0W-40 is described. That's how I found my source.

Life is fragile
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote