View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 06:41 PM   #3
Technic

My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Harness installation:

Is as easy as following this document.

Notes:

a) The only part of this retrofit that is absurd is the connection of the telephone/CD Changer wires to the new harness (page 10, top illustration). Why BMW did not attached the same connector as the one in the main harness to make it just "plug and play" like the main connector but force the installer to remove pins and wires from one connector and create another is a mystery to me, especially when plug X13321 have the same number of wires as branch A3.

b) The section that explains where branch A7 connects is not very illustrative. Joint connector X428 is located on top the fuse box. Pull the fuse box further down (over its detent, it will not break) and connector X428 is the big junction box snapped on top. Branch A7 is connected where all the blue/yellow wires are located. If there is no free space left, use one of the joint tap connectors supplied with the kit and connect this wire to another blue/yellow.

I got the location of this joint connector from the main tech of my local dealer...

See photo below for location:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	22578
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	95401  
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote