10-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Join Date: Jun 2002
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
| Re-assembly and function check:
If the installation document is followed step by step, all the components should be installed and connected at this step.. Before putting everything back together I also installed the SES voice recognition module. It is the silver box shown in the photo below on the upper right corner (above and slightly to the right of the shock tower. Its 54 pin blue connector, with a shorting plug is inside the cubbyhole above that shock tower. Remove the shorting plug and plug the module... and that's it.
1) Re install the driver seat by just plugging the connector under it.
2) Check that all connections are made, secured and visually inspect that there is no wire chaffing or breaks in both the main and add on (new) harness.
3) Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
4) Finish bolting down the seats.
5) Turn ignition to the ACC position.
6) The screen should come on showing that the firmware CD has to be loaded for full functionality. The radio should work however.
7) Load the CD-ROM included in the kit into the DVD Computer. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUNSTANCE REMOVE THE KEY OF THE IGNITION DURING THE FIRMWARE LOADING SECUENCE. It should take some 6 minutes max to load the firmware.
8) Once the firmware is loaded, you should see the main screen shown below. Go to the GPS Navigation using the right knob and press it. The screen informing to load the DVD map CD (included) should come on. Load the DVD and really wait some time. In my case it took some a couple of hours to finally read the DVD, but it did it.
9) Check the functionality of the rest of the NAV/Radio/CD/GPS/Telephone (if so equipped) functions using the OEM User's manual. It is kind of old, but it covers most of the important features of the system.