View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 08:36 AM   #11
Technic

My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ryder
technic, an absolutely wonderful job!

i am going to order the retrofit kit from the ebay seller you recommended, but i was wondering if his kit included everything in order to do he install?

i know you said that you had sourced some parts from overseas, but then found this seller.

excellent write up, thank you again.

oh and what's the difference between bmw business and professional radios?
Thanks guys!

M3ryder: his kit includes all the electronics, software (CD and DVD) and installation hardware (harness, brackets, botls, screws, tie wraps, T taps, connectors and foam insulator). Compared to the OEM kit part number 65 90 0 391 113, which his kit is based and the intruction manual refers, the difference is that he is including the 16:9 display and CD player unit in his kit, whereas the OEM kit does not.

You still have to buy from the BMW dealer the left trunk trim for CD Changer/Navigation (some $50.00) if you do not have it already in your car and the front storage console to reposition the climate control unit (some $40.00).

The main difference that I can notice between the Professional vs. Business is a better frequency response in the audio. The tweeter have better definition and the bass is less forced and better punch, IMO. Professional also have a couple of features on top of the ones in the Bussiness, like the RDS section which have two more options. I cannot find an updated user's manual for Navigation that explains all the Professional and Navigation features for 2004 (a new manual is expected to be released next month), nor I have the specs of the two units to compare so I cannot give you more details other than it sounds much better than the Bussiness unit that I used to have.

Good luck...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote