View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
DamUTRIPPIN

My Ride: E60 530i
Send a message via AIM to DamUTRIPPIN
Exclamation HELP! Alpine CD Changer Question!!!

Alright. Here's the deal. I'm currently using my factory cassette unit, which controls an Alpine CHM-S620 changer. I, obviously, am using the proper adapter which is required for the two to work together. I bought the changer LAST July when originally picked up the car. When the changer was first installed, it was flawless. However, after 4-5 mon. it suddenly was UNABLE to read the CDs! It would scan all six CDs, then would display "NO MAGAZINE"! I removed the cartridge and even unplugged the cable, then replugged it back in. But, it still wouldn't recognize the CDs! At first I thought it might be my adapter, but when I switched that out, it still didn't recognize the CDs! So I switched out the changer, and sure enough it did the trick. So I just assumed that I had a defective changer. But, 6 mon. later, it did it again, out of NOWHERE! So I then exchanged it for another one. I'm now on my 3rd Alpine changer in the past 14 mon! And guess what! It just stopped working again!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

So, I said F**K it! I'm just gonna replace the factory radio with a new head unit. Has anyone with an Alpine changer and adapter experienced this problem before? Or am I just one UNLUCKY MuthaF**ker!

Any feedback would be appreciated.
DamUTRIPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.