View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 02:47 AM   #75
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebro
Alex: Now that you've fitted 6 resistors you may not have to have the fuse removed at all
Guys, yep when first turned on, it gets three quick pulses(strobing) to the blinker. Then cycles to every 30 seconds. After the #32 fuse was pulled and the six resistors wired in, all works great. I did try to see after if the fuse could be put back in, but it did the 3 quick pulses when turned on and the 30 second cycling again on the blinker. The parking lights looked fine when the car wasn't running, but when turned on it got those voltage spikes that I referred to earlier as pulses like my car had a heatbeat(which she does). So that's when I had to put the other resistors in. The #32 fuse got rid of the BLINKER pulses/check only but it still had the fast blinker. I didn't mess with fuse #9 because it also works the OBC and other gizmos.
So on my USA 2000 323Ci with factory Xenons, #32 Fuse pull gets rid of Blinker pulse/check only, but not the check pulse for the brakelights and the parking lights(which also shows on the dash "lamp out" display). It also didn't get rid of the fast blinker like a blinker bulb was out. For those I had to put the 3 resistors inline( I used 25w 39 ohm) on the brakelight, parking light, and blinker wires.

I'm too expecting my M3 mirrors next week, and my CSL replica wheels at the end of the month. M-tech sides this week. Giving her a little facelift, thanks for doing all the homework for this $250 LCM savings. The OEM LEDs tail lamps look so great and at night have a completely new look to the rear lines.

"Dut": new updated trunklamps were about $35 each.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote