View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 06:26 PM   #1
dt32569

My Ride: 330Ci
Stereo DIY question

Ok got a question for those who have replaced your stock and or HK stereo in the 330Coupe. Presently I have the following setup - stock speakers up front all run from 2 channels of a JL audio 300.4 amp - with MB quart Xovers on them. My rear speakers are JL stealthboxes off the other channels of that amp. I have a Audiocontrol EQ on the front.
THe system sounds good, BUT I do notice bottoming on my stock woofers. And I can notice a slight gap in the bass region (between the subs and woofer) so.....think about it....
I have not opened up this car like the ones in my past. IS it a major pain to replace the stock speakers?
I was thinking of replacing the tweets with my Quart of some JL tweets and then replacing the woofers with JL or quart - leavin the mids since the system is set up and Xd over. Id replace the speakers then re-eq it.
So......for yall who have done it - how much of a pain and if it is a pain is it worth it. Will JL 6.5s FIT in the door? (Or will a lit bit of dremeling work?)
Thanks.
(Reason I said think about it is lots will IMMEDIATELY say REPLACE THEM!!!! :-) )
dt32569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.