View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 12:54 PM   #204
voon

My Ride: E46 330ci Coupe
So, installed it myself. The HU is a small Radionavi Unit, made by Philips appearantly, in a 2001 Coupe. So far, it seems to halfway work. I can get music to play, select playlists etc. Open questions:

- Black little cable on icelink connector? Seems to be only for DSP systems?

- I always see "Ok to disconnect", although it plays music.

- I have another small connector right next to the one used for the icelink white small connector on the original Radioharness .. small and gray. I can't seem to get it out of the black connector plastic combo. I now lack Navi entries in the HU Menu, so I assume it's related to Navi.

- When iPod is connected, I can't use the Menu button anymore. Menu displays for the blink of an eye and is immediatly overlaid by CD Changer info from the icelink. It does work if Ipod is disconnected.

- I seem not to have to play a BMW Config file. It seems to have recogniyed my BMW Unit first time. or was that because I once occasionally actually played the BMW Config file on iPod way before I did the install?

- BMW CD text doesn't seem to work, no config happens. I can play all of them, but if I connect the iPod while the config plays, it nearly immediatly just continues playing the last music song. Will try to reset my iPod, maybe it is in a weird state (See always says "Ok to disconnect" above as well)
voon is offline   Reply With Quote