E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Can I get a good picture of H&R Cup Kit w/ 19" Rims...coupe preferably...

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  vinnymac 
#1 ·
I know my stock shocks are dying but I am thinking if I should just go cup kit. Obviously, it has to depend on the ride height and ride comfort as well. If not, I'll go PSS9 coilovers but my sound system stuff will have to be delayed...

#4 ·
like 2.5 seconds

my stock shocks were toast after 30K

#6 ·
Re: This is exactly why I went with the CupKit...

vinnymac said:

It's cheaper in the long run to spend the $$$ on the CupKit up front.

The drop is nice and the ride is awesome...not too harsh at all.
The pictures I saw of your car, the rear wheel gap still remains. Right now, with my H&R Springs setup I am fine with the front gap but the rear is there sometimes. I'll try and put new RSMs in for now to see if the shocks are better. Right now, my main focus is on ICE...

#7 ·
Re: Re: This is exactly why I went with the CupKit...

E46_Angemon said:

The pictures I saw of your car, the rear wheel gap still remains. Right now, with my H&R Springs setup I am fine with the front gap but the rear is there sometimes. I'll try and put new RSMs in for now to see if the shocks are better. Right now, my main focus is on ICE...
Actually, that picture is misleading b/c of the angle of the camera...there really isn't any rear wheel gap. I'll try to take some better pics and post them. I need to get level with the car and then you'll see there isn't any wheel gap at al.

#8 ·
This is my wheel gap right now...

Note: This is with a shit load of stuff in the trunk...

#9 ·
OIC...

that's about where my car is sitting right now...it might change a hair or so once the springs settle but I doubt much lower. The cupkit might not be low enough for you if you want lower than where you are now.

It sounds like you might have to go with coilovers to be happy with the drop.

#10 ·
Well I want that drop but with better shocks. I am happy with the ride height since the roads in Vancouver aren't all that good. I just want better ride quality... :sad:

#11 ·
I hear ya bro...

E46_Angemon said:
Well I want that drop but with better shocks. I am happy with the ride height since the roads in Vancouver aren't all that good. I just want better ride quality... :sad:
I'm very happy with the drop and that's good b/c I cannot go much lower or get bigger wheels b/c the potholes in St. Louis are really bad.

I wouldn't last a week with 19"s or coils...

I've only driven 100 miles on the cupkit since yesterday so I not ready to comment too much on rid quality. However, my intial impressions are favorable...a little stiffer than the OEM sport suspension but not too harsh.

I think the true test will be when my girlfriend rides in my car tonight...she's more like the average driver and will notice right away if the ride is really harsh. I guess we'll see...I'm heading out to have dinner with her parents in a few mins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.