View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 03:10 AM   #1
Delirium
yo mama

My Ride: -
HELP! Very Low volume from sub-out

Ok I will try to make this long story short.

I intalled my Alpine cda-7897 & ran a rca wire from the sub out to the trunk. I had an amp in there that was getting signal from a hi-low converter.. I unplugged the RCA's on the amp (so I could plug in the RCA's from the Alpine) while the power was on and I heard a crack & then a funny burnt smell.. the amp never worked right after that.

So I bought a new amp, brand new PPI & installed it. When I hooked it up & tried to play it, I can barely hear it even though the subwoofer volume on the alpine is all the way up, the gain on the PPI is at max, the QBass is up halfway & it should be loud! but I only hear a faint bit of bass from 2 my Eclipse DVC subs.

I didnt know whether it was the amp or the Alpine HU or what so I hooked up my buddy's amp )PPI) and subs, and the same thing.. well, this was a tiny bit louder, but it was NOTHING close to being real bass.. it was muffled & there was a lot of mids coming out of the subs. when my friends sub & amp is in his car (with a hi/low converter) it sounds fine. When I connect the RCA's from my hi-low converter to the new amp, its fine too!

what could have happened? Did I mess up the Alpine HU somehow? The sub control is on, the sub volume is on. HELP! Please!
Delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.