View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #15
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot
Nice install!

Could I get some more information on how you used the factory HK subwoofer button to operate the V1? I am not installing a V1, but I would like to be able to use the factory HK button to be used as an on/off button for a project I am starting...
The switch is not a hard wired switch, it is just a logic signal, so it doesn't source enough current to turn anything on (not even a relay). I ended up making a current amplifier.

Here's how I did it: You need to check with a meter to verify, but if memory serves me right, it was a yellow wire (or yellow with another color stripe, maybe black?). I cut the wire (to avoid feedback back into the car) and hooked up an amplifier (made from transistors) to power the V1 up. Depending on what you are powering, you might also need a relay. Keep in mind that the switch is an on/off switch, not a pulse.

If you want, I can give you schematics of the circuit I made (actually a timer/amplifier). I haven't tried, but you could just probably get by with a single transistor. Another option is to buy a pre-built amplifier like the one I made from Select Products ot Accele Electronics, probably for $20 - $30.