View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #53
Bavarian46

My Ride: UDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoz
if its wet then how does the vinyl stick?...does make sense that it would fix airbubbles but i dont know how the vinyl would stick afterwards hah
If you donít mind Detailed Image, I would like to respond to this one. The reason for soapy water is for you to have more flexibility when working with vinyl, little to no bubbles, correct alignment, and the ability to take it off if you donít like where its at while you are working with it. The soapy water will not affect the vinyl to adhere to the surface; this is why you squeegee the vinyl once you have the right position to make sure you donít have any bubbles and water. Once you done thatÖthere is a curing time aprox. 1 sunny day, but it will hold pretty well once you squeegee it. Make sure you wet both the surface and the vinyl for better flexibilityÖand have patience, and take your time. (its almost the same process for window tinting)

Is the CF masked? Its best to have it masked so you can work with it better and leave fewer scratches on it.

Have a very sharp razor.

If you donít feel comfortable with the projectÖjust ask for help at any vinyl/sticker shop, they may just let you use their soapy water (sometimes its alcohol)

I owned a custom sticker shop for a long time, now itís just a hobby.