Old 07-15-2005, 02:53 PM   #100
Detailed Image
Sponsor

My Ride: Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to Detailed Image
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnitti
George:
I have the same questions, but I also need help on which pad/applicator to use. My thought is wash, clay, polish, glaze, seal, wax. Type of pad/applicator don't know.

Jez, I just saw the 7424 and applicator deal. This is going to cost me.
One thing I see when people detail their cars is they do not use the proper pad to match the product. If you are cutting with an aggressive polish, such as Poorboy's SSR 2.5 or Menzerna Intensive Polish, make sure you use a cutting pad (Orange for Lake Country Pads). Many times if you use a cutting pad, I like to do a second coat of the same product with a polishing pad (White for Lake Country Pads), to ease into your final polish. For polishes such as Poorboy's SSR1 and Menzerna Final Polish II use the polishing pad. For your glaze, a glaze is ultimately a very fine polish with fillers in it, I would still suggest a polishing pad. When it comes time for your sealants and waxes, like the FMJ, I would suggest using a finishing pad (Black for Lake Country Pads). Lake Country makes inbetween pads such as Blue and Green, but the primary three we use and suggest are the Orange, White and Black. I can however get other ones so don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,

George Dushensky
Detailed Image - Owner

Wash & Dry Products, Clay Bars, Polishes, Sealants, and Waxes
10offe46 - Discount Code for 10% Off for e46fanatics members
Detail University - Detailing Enthusiast Discussion Forum
Detailed Image is offline   Reply With Quote