Thread: BMW of Fairfax
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 10:04 PM   #12
edrock200

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to edrock200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepan
I'll give BMW of Fairfax a double thumbs down. Took the car in twice for the same symptoms, they couldn't fix it either time, I eventually just fixed it myself. "I'm sorry but the computer doesn't show a code so there is nothing we can do!"
I use to get that constantly on my old '99 328i from BMW of Fairfax. I wouldn't recommend that dealer to anyone. On top of never getting my sunroof problem fixed (I would hit auto close and it would only close half-way) they also charged me several hundred dollars to "fix" my leaky drivers side pillar but it still constantly leaked. I took it back 3 times but they claimed they "couldn't reproduce" but whenever it rained it leaked consistently.

They also "fixed" my winshield wiper pumps but they failed again like 3 months later, perhaps just a faulty part but still frustrating.

Last but not least they told me I needed new brake pads and rotors ALL AROUND -- cost $1200. For some stupid reason I believed them but decided to do the job myself. I bought the parts, took off my front pads -- 50% left!!!! Rear did need replacing though. Still, I was pissed.

I asked a service advisor for a copy of my last receipt to be faxed to me for a 3rd party warranty claim and it was like pulling teeth.

I've been to BMW of Sterling several times and they are much better. Out of the 5 or 6 times I've been there they've always been curteous and taken care of the car without telling me I need stuff done. I've only had one incident in which I thought the service advisor wasn't being friendly but otherwise they seem to be good.

I have yet to take my ///M anywhere...