View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 02:14 PM   #46
rome5982

My Ride: 99 323i
OK, I finally finished my install. I did need to purchase the Peripheral Ven4 balanced-to-unbalanced differential converter in order to eliminate the alternator whine I was getting through my new speakers from the new amp. I am running my mid speakers in both the front and rear doors from the stock amp. I also upgraded the rear deck speakers with JL coax, but since the rear speaker outs from the stock amp had the signals low passed, i ran the front woofer stock speaker outs to these speakers. Result, perfect midrange filler sound.

I installed the Boston acoustic 6.5 2-way components in the front just like Pmmeke did. Did have to use a dremel tool on the existing ring mount to allow for the bolts to secure properly behind the door pannels. Also installed the JL Audio 12W3V2 sub in trunk and fired through the ski hole. The BA tweeter just fit into the stock front tweeter mounting bracket. The sound is awesome. I can't even distort the Bostons before my ears start to hurt from the volume. This was a great learning experience for me. I have posted some pics. Thanks for all of your help and inspiration . You guys are the reason why this is the best formum for E46 cars.

Well, I tried to post some jpg pics but they show up too large. Does anyone know how to scale pictures so that they won't show up so large on the forum sight? I also have the same problem with a sig pic I'm working on. Thanks.

18"ASA AR1/H&R CupKit/ECIS CAI/Stromung Exhaust/Zimmerman Rotors/Aluminum Interior Trim & Face Gauges/G2 Calipers/Clear Corners/Autometer Gauges/Mtech Front Bumper/Chrome Grill/UUC Shift Knob/OEM Rear Spoiler/Painted Moldings/Silver Gauge Rings/JL Audio 12W3V2 & 6.5 Coax/BA 6.5 ProSeries/Kicker KX600.4

Last edited by rome5982; 10-27-2002 at 02:19 PM.
rome5982 is offline   Reply With Quote