View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #11
andyofyork

My Ride: 2000 323i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to andyofyork
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
I'm the same. Another technique that I use is:

- When parking in a parking lot, I always park with the drivers side closer to the lines than the passengers side.

Why?

More often than not it's just one person in the car, the driver. Well their drivers side is the passenger side of my car. Therefore I'm leaving them with more room to open their door and lessens the chance of them hitting my car.
Haha, I totally do that whenever I am forced to park next to another car, and I thought I was the only one, my car is actually parked like that right now while I'm at work. Otherwise, I try to park on the end spots wayyyyyy far out. The first and last time I parked next to a SUV I came back from dinner, and truck was gone, and there was a nice dent in the rear passenger door, estimate was $550 to fix it I do everything you guys are describing...also I also scold people (in a friendly way) whenever they slam the doors, which happens to everyone who has never riden in my car before...I guess the doors in our cars are easier to close then most other cars - has anyone else experienced this problem or am I the only one who is that protective Great thread by the way

I say it is more like a Mobius Strip.
andyofyork is offline   Reply With Quote