View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #12
hangar9john

My Ride: 330i
Good Service at Russell BMW, Pro-Imports in Maryland

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2002 BMW 330i (sport package, premium package, 5 speed, titanium silver/black leather) from Advantage Certified in Manassas, Virginia. The car (13K miles) appears as new. The purchase was painless and straight-forward. They seem to know BMW's very well and have a nice stock of clean cars available. I was able to find just what I wanted. If they were closer to home, I might choose to have my car serviced there.

I took my car to Russell BMW (west side of Baltimore) for the iPod interface installation. Service advisor Cindy Hahn was friendly and helpful, as was everyone else at the dealership. Pricing was more than fair. Communication was outstanding and I felt I was treated well. There was a glitch with the installation and I had to return a second time to get it straightened out, but was given a BMW loaner while the work was done. I would not hesitate to return to Russell BMW.

By the way, I first called VOB BMW in Rockville, MD (closer to home) about the iPod interface install. I gave them the VIN number of my car and they said the interface would not work on my car. This is incorrect. Based on that call and a previous visit to the dealership while car shopping, VOB is not on my "preferred list."

I also should mention a positive experience at Northwest BMW in Reisterstown, Maryland. I went there a few weeks ago to test drive a pre-owned 330ci coupe. The sales staff was helpful and friendly and gave me plenty of time to drive the CI as well as a pre-owned 330i. The test drives helped me with the decision to look for the perfect 330i. As much as I wanted the coupe, I learned that the sedan, with a bit more headroom, was a better fit for me.

Finally, I'd like to put in a plug for Pro Imports, an independent shop in Gaithersburg, MD. I've had my VW Passat (1.8 Turbo, chipped) serviced there for the past few years and have always been impressed. The folks are friendly, honest, and knowlegeable. They specialize in BMW's, Audi's and VW's, but also work on Japanese imports. You will usually see a number of high performance cars in the shop - BMW's, VW GTI's, Audi S4's and so on. They do performance mods as well as regular service.
hangar9john is offline   Reply With Quote