View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 07:09 PM   #19
phrozen06
Banned User

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
No car manufacturer is going to be dominate 100 percent of the time. For example ferrari's decline this year in formula one. They had a 6 year dominance in the sport but how much money and resources did ferrari have to sink in the program to be successfull. They hired the Best engineers, aerodynamicists, and even had bridgestone build a facility on ferrari's test track. If you have a blank check and competent staff. You can be sucessful an almost anything.

The BMW/Williams Saga in F1 is a result of 2 different philosophies going into 2 different directions. Both companies were successful but not together.

As far as touring cars go. BMW MAKES THE MOST SUCESSFUL TOURING CARS. PERIOD. It was only until other manufactures complained about the rear wheel drive platform is when the Sanctioning Bodies of the touring car world gave BMW weight penalties. LIKE PUTTING ANKLE WEIGHTS ON MICHAEL JORDAN.

Make no mistake BMW'S are made to run....and run hard.

I'm not knocking Daimler-Chrysler, Audi-VW, GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan (I hope they see the light and finally bring the GTR in the state.), Honda etc.

But BIMMERS are made to run, You can't deny that.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote